Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Quilt

So the other day my mom came over and helped me make Peanut her crib quilt. Now I'm not the best seamstress mind you so this was a big deal for me to do. First we went to the Quilting Cottage to pick out some fabric. While we were there the cute ladies helped us get everything to make a quilt, the bumpers, the crib skirt and a sheet. That's right I'm making all those things. We were there for 2 1/2 hours picking out fabric and learning how to make all these things. Than we had the job of actually making them. Scary! We pulled out our pattern and just started cutting. 7 hours later the patchwork part of her quilt was done!!!!!! It might be the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen! The next morning I took it into the Cottage to get stippled (quilted). But it wont get it back till like the 20th of Feb. so I'm way bumbed. I didn't even take a picture to look at while it's away. So no picture this time. We'll all just have to suffer together. :( I'm hopping to start on the bumper tomorrow! Wish me luck!

p.s. Thanks Sommer for letting us call you whenever we needed help! You're the Best!

2 comments:

Abe and Lisa said...

Sally,
I found your blog.. it's so cute. And i'm so excited for you a little girl. :)
We need to get together sometime.

love,
lisa young johnson
our blog is lisaandabe.blogspot.com

Angel Brockbank said...

I want Belly Pictures!!!