Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Thanks!


Shawn and I have been Very grateful for all the wonderful blessings our Heavenly Father has given us. Our home and wonderful friends, our calling (nursery is the best!), the love and devotion we have for each other, Shawn's job, our families who love us very much, and so so much more! But I think the thing we are most grateful for right now is the most Wonderful Blessing of all!!! We are going to be parents!!! On May 28, 2009 or around then we are going to welcome our baby into this world. If you haven't guessed yet... I'm pregnant! I know. How, you say? Well let me tell you...

On our 3 year anniversary, two days before we turned in our adoption papers, we felt something was different and maybe I should take a test. It came back a very faint positive. At this point we didn't know what to think so we went out and bought 3 more test and I took those. All very faintly positive. At this point we are a little nervous. Last August '08 we had a surprise Ectopic miscarriage or tubular miscarriage. It was very scary and very dangerous. Shawn did a wonderful job taking care of me and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for him! So when we got the faint positive we decided to wait a week and take another test then. In the mean time I wasn't to think about it at all. Ya, Right. When the week was up I took another test and it was very positive within seconds. So we called the doctor. They said if it was ectopic again(which is like an 80% chance) I would be okay for the next few weeks. At that point... lets just say I wasn't doing very well. Shawn gave me a Beautiful blessing that said everything would be okay. My body would be strong enough to carry and have our baby. A week later we went to the doctor and got an ultrasound. Guess what... every thing's okay. (It's still a wonder to me! And yes, I've had to stop and cry many times while writing this.) The doctor is watching me very carefully and I'm getting all the tests and care We need to stay healthy. I do have to take it very easy so that's what I'm trying to do. I'm 13 weeks along and out of the morning sickness stage. Thank goodness! Now I'm just hungry all the time and getting bigger by the hour!


We waited till we were out of the first trimester to say anything to anyone. We didn't want anyone to feel left out so we decided to make the Big announcement on our blog first. That way we wouldn't be telling anyone before anyone else.





Here I am at 12 weeks. Big Belly!

Thanks for reading about our Miracle Baby!!!

(For all of you who may have thought I was expanding some and didn't want to say anything. Now you know I wasn't just letting myself go, I'm growing a baby!)

22 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

I can't even tell you how extremely happy I am for you Sally. I've prayed for you numerous times and my heart has just yearned for you to be able to bear a child. I remember you being at my house telling me you will NEVER be able to have a child, it just tore at me. I feel like I'm just dreaming this, because I wanted it to happen so bad for you, but never knew if it would. You will be the best mom that I can think of, and I can't wait for that bundle of joy to grow up and realize how lucky he/she is to have you. You're an amazing woman, and I love and respect you more than you know. You're awesome girl, you deserve this more than anyone I know, seriously.

Chelsea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! that is so exciting for you guys! What a blessing, and you will be a wonderful mom! I couldn't be happier for you:)

Murray Family said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!

Sheena Menke said...

Sally I am so truly happy for you both. You will be an incredible mom and I can only imagine what a sweet daddy Shawn will be. Congratulations and we will be praying that all continues to go well.

Barnes Family said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so awesome! We are very happy and excited for you guys. It's so amazing to me how many of our friends have had a very similar thing happen to them. Just when they were about to turn in adoption papers they get pregnant! So awesome!
Just take extra care of yourself and I'm glad that you have a good hubby that takes good care of you too!
Well, I can't wait to see more photo's of the expanding belly and then the baby photo's!
I can't say enough how excited I am for you guys.. I had to call and tell Brett right away and he said, "Oh AWESOME!"
Congrats!

McLerran Family said...

Hooray! You will be the best mom! You're so great with all the kids in the neighborhood. I'm so happy for you!

Julie W said...

Woo, hoo!!! Congrats Sally & Shawn. Like everyone else has said, you guys will be great parents. I believe that so much in fact that I was going to call you to see if you would consider watching our kids in March for a week while Erik & I go on a much needed trip. Well, anyways... please take it easy and let Shawn take care of you. What a cute little belly!!

Angela Cloyd said...

Yay!!! I love the announcement! I am so excited for you two! May can't come soon enough. You and Shawn are such good people, and you will be amazing parents. I love talking pregnancy, babies, nursery's etc. Call me any time. We love your little family. Again congratulations!

Gina Hurst said...

Oh, Sally
Congrats! I am soo happy for you! I hope all goes well! Keep us posted.
Gina T

Danielle said...

Sally!!! I am so excited for you! I love you and I'm so grateful for your friendship and the example you are to me!

Sly Family said...

Congrats!!! This must be so exciting. I can't imagine the feelings that you are going through. I wish you and your bun in the oven the best. You will be a great mum!

The Enoch Family said...

CONGRATS! That's so crazy. I remember talking about you guys having kids a few times when Robin and I came over. I can't imagine how hard it must have been not to say anything. I am so excited for you. You will be a great Mom and I am so glad it is going well. What a MIRACLE BABY!

Cody and Jessie said...

Yea!!! Congrats guys! You are going to be great parents :) I'm glad that things are going so well so far!

Cassie said...

Sally I am so excited for you!!! You have been in my prayers for a while and I am so glad that your able to have this baby. I know how much you've wanted this baby and you'll be such a good mom.

Mel said...

Congrats you guys. That is great.

DB said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

Amy K said...

So excited about your news! Seriously and genuinely happy for you. What a blessing and a miracle! You'll both be the best parents, what a lucky baby! :)

I can't think of anything better to have happen to you two. It's a whole new world being a parent, you'll never be the same. :)

Love,Amy

Adams clan! said...

Congrats on your precious baby. What a blessing a child is. Hope it all goes well!

Bell Blog said...

Sally!!!! How are you? I am so excited for you and your family! What great news! I hope all goes well! We love you, keep in touch! Love ya! :) Mandy

Lindy said...

I just have to say that you're the cutest! I loved that post! I'm so happy for you and I'm so excited for you to have all of the awesome experiences that lay ahead. You were born to be a mom- I've always thought you were a kid magnet, they love you!! Enjoy this special time! Congratulations!

Amy said...

I just read about your fabulous news from Wendy's blog. Congratulations!

HUGHES FAMILY said...

I just read the news !! I am so freaking excited for you. I know it is because of your great faith that you are having this baby... Miracles do truely happen or should i say blessings from our Heavenly Father. Heck I have 4 little miracles and miracles they truely are. I am so excited for you and I know you will be an amazing mom! Congrats!!